Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hmmm...this is new!

Hey all!
I'm so used to my caringbridge blog. It is quite primitive compared to this one, so forgive me for the learning curve :-) Check it out if you want a complete story and journal entries through my terminal experience at www.caringbridge.org/visit/anniejohnson.

I want to tell you all about Greece (just as soon as I figure out how to post pictures!), but for now, I will just share my latest cancer news. Last week, there was an active spot that showed up on my PET scan. What does this mean you ask? It mean there are fast-dividing cells clumped in one spot, indicating the growth of something, most likely an infection or cancer. Well, I met with the infectious disease doc last week, and he seems to think that what I'm dealing with is not any major infection.

So the next course of action will likely be to biopsy a lymphnode or two that also lit up on the scan (though that may have been just from a cold!) to see if they're positive for cancer. If they are, we will embark on trying to encourage graft vs tumor effect again, and also small doses of vinblastine. If we cannot get a confirmation on what those active spots are (can't have more chest surgery, so no way to biopsy that one), I will be doing exactly NOTHING for 3 months. I am already in the process of bumping my shakes up to 6 per day again (this is NOT easy) and going back on my vegan-organic diet (also mind-numbingly difficult).

I will update more later as I learn more. I don't even have a date on the biopsy yet, so that's that. We are really not in a rush this time because we are on my last treatment option, and we have learned that there really just is no need to rush. I love and trust Kelly though - he will help power me through this again. But more than that, Jesus Christ will power me through with his strength and healing.

It's 5am and I cannot sleep. I had caffeine yesterday evening, which I haven't had for 2 weeks. Oops. Good thing I can take a nap AFTER me and mom's workout at 8am!

Now about those pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment